Ad ID: 2758
Added: September 29, 2019
Forklift Operator | IKEA | Doha, Qatar
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates.
You are to ensure that IKEA store has the highest possible service level to customers and optimize the stock levels at lowest possible cost, by making sure that all working methods described in IKEA Logistics manuals are implemented and that the IKEA store achieves high efficiency in goods movement.
Key specific accountabilities:
- Stock picks from the buffer for internal replenishment as per the requirements from sales
- Binning to buffer stock, which is requested to secure for a weekend from an external warehouse
- Exercise vigilant during picking and binning the stock to reduce the discrepancy and stock loss
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods
- Assist in the stocking/merchandising of incoming truck shipment to the sales floor and remaining stocks back to the buffer
- Ensure that all empty boxes are removed and the area is ready for customers before store opening
- Reduce the internal handling damages to control the damage cost to achieve the store profit targets
To be eligible for this position you must meet the below criteria:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- High School Education
- 1-2 years of retail experience, goods-flow/supply knowledge preferred
Forklift Operator Job-Specific Skills:
- A valid UAE/ Qatar forklift driving license
- This is a very physical job and requires that you can lift heavy loads on a daily and weekly basis so a strong physique is required
- Good written and verbal English
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalized CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviors, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.